In attendance Jerry Cronin, chairperson, Michael Cregan, secretary, Pat O’Riordan, Liam Lenihan, Anne O’Sullivan, Orla Thompson, Suzanne Creaven, Vincent Murphy.
The chairperson opened the meeting with a prayer from the new FCJ Bicentenary book and wished all present his best wishes for 2020.Michael Cregan read the minutes of the previous meeting. They were proposed by Vincent Murphy and seconded by Suzanne Creaven.
There were no matters arising.
- A report from Allianz regarding the lift was received.
- Information regarding the Junior Cycle, re: Guidance for students for different beliefs in Catholic Secondary Schools
Principal’s Report: 20th January 2020
- FCJ trip to London
- 3 teams in BT Young Scientist
- Awarded scholarships in UL
- A student got a gold medal the John Paul award
- Reached Munster camogie semi-final
- Had wins in basketball, hockey and badminton
- New hockey coach
Teaching and Learning:
The chairperson explained that there were several projects taking place within the school but two of these were an integrated plan. One of these teams is working with Le Cheile and the other is working with the Education Centre and by May 2020 we will have the outcome from both of these projects which will then be presented to the Board.
FCJ Bicentenary Celebrations:
A celebration for the 200th year anniversary of the FCJ Order will be held on Sunday 26th January 2020 in the Strand Hotel. All the Board members are invited. Also a second event will be held in the concert hall on 7th November 2020
The date for the next meeting was set for Wednesday 11th March 2020 at 5.p.m.