The secretary welcomed everybody to the meeting. Jerry Cronin opened the meeting with a prayer. Minutes of the previous meeting were read by the secretary and they were proposed by Liam Lenihan and seconded by Vincent Murphy.
Results from University of Limerick in relation to courses which our students are studying were presented to the Board
The findings of the Inspection in English were presented to the Board. The Board felt that this was a positive report and the teachers involved should be complimented.
- Leaving Cert results excellent
- TY’s cycled green way in Waterford
- Held school mass
- JCJ community organising a play in March 2020 about life of foundress. A teacher and Chaplin will attend a meeting in January in London
- 40 year Reunion on 28th of September
- Took 1st years to Doneraile Park with Principal, Deputy, Chaplin, Year Head and Guidance Counsellor as part of Wellbeing
- To open the 2020 celebrations we are running a Sunday lunch in January
- Our sister school from Australia will visit us next Tuesday
- Painted all of Àras
- Completed bathroom refurbishment
Suzanne briefed the Board on the 2020 celebrations of the Bi-Centenary of the FCJ sisters. On Sunday 26th of January there will be a dinner in The Strand hotel. On the 7th of November 2020 there will be a concert in the concert hall. In March 2020 there will be a play in the school based on the life of the foundress, funded by the FCJ congregation.
Teaching and Learning:
The secretary presented the analysis of the Junior Cert results for 2019. The Board was highly complementary to all the teachers on their results and praised them for encouraging so many students to take higher level papers. Overall the Board felt that Junior Cert results were excellent.
Next meeting was proposed for 20th January 2020